The Felipe Project:
Reiki For Hospice Patients and Caregivers
Providing relief to hospice patients and their caregivers is a special passion of Joyce’s. It all got started when she (and Reiki) helped her tiny foster kitten, Felipe, through his transition (see side panel for the link to the story).
Joyce teaches hospice patients and caregivers the meditative element of Reiki.
- For hospice patients, Reiki meditation can provide some relief from pain and suffering, increase relaxation, and sometimes, even promote joy.
- Reiki meditation supports caregivers in being grounded, thinking clearly, and easing emotional and mental stress. Reiki meditation also serves as a mini-break from the day-in and day-out duties of providing for loved ones.
Reiki meditation is easy and simple to do. The only discipline is doing it consistently, so that you get the most benefit from it. Joyce offers several techniques and meditations, so you can choose those that feel most right for you.
Joyce knows that in hospice, it’s not always easy to get away, so she can come to your home to teach you the Reiki meditations. Joyce also holds small group classes in Ben Lomond.
Meditation is a developmental process, meaning that the experience of meditating changes the more you engage in it. So talking and reflecting upon your experiences is an important part of Reiki meditation. After you’re trained, Joyce will be there to answer questions that may come up, or to listen as you share your experiences.
Click here for more information and rates
Joyce also provides Reiki treatments for hospice patients and caregivers.
- Reiki helps to reduce stress
- Reiki provides deep relaxation
- Reiki imparts a grounding, nurturing, loving energy, making us feel more connected and whole
- Reiki enables us to think more clearly and not get as sidetracked or swept up into the dramas of life (and death)
- Reiki can promote a beautiful, intimate experience of death for everyone involved
If you want to find out more, just email Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-421-1877.